This 1-hour ethics course will review current regulatory requirements in North Carolina for CPAs on both an individual and firm level, as well as explore current hot topics in the CPA profession, such as the use of social media, marketing practices, and the use of CPA websites. Through case studies and discussion, participants will not only learn the laws, but also explore how to promote and enhance the CPA profession in the eyes of the public.
- CPA licensing requirements in North Carolina
- Firm licensing requirements in North Carolina
- Continuing Professional Education Requirements
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Marketing, websites, and social media for CPAs
- Enhancing the CPA credential in the eyes of the public
- An understanding of what is required to maintain your CPA license in NC
- Which firms need to be registered with the NC Board of Accountancy
- How to interpret and apply the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- How to market a CPA practice and avoid regulatory pitfalls
- A better understanding of the obligations to the public required of CPAs
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.
Find out more information about our Professional Development Series and receive updates about our course offerings.