Solar-electric systems have seen impressive growth in recent years and most of these systems have been grid-tie systems with no batteries. Battery-based systems have served the off-grid industry for years but have been a rather small, niche market. Today, batteries are making a comeback in solar-electric systems providing customers with backup power, load management services, and other modes of operation.
- Types of solar-electric systems
- Modes of operation
- Load and site analysis
- Battery basics
- Charge controllers and inverters
- System sizing
- Off-grid or on-grid?
- How do batteries function in a grid-tie system?
- Learn about a variety of battery types
- Can batteries serve as a backup "generator"?