The creation of a training program that creates a real and sustained impact on attendees is part art and part science. This course will provide you with an overview of both the art and the science of instructional design and development. During this course, you will acquire a set of tools and guidelines for designing and developing a meaningful training experience for participants. This program is highly interactive as participants will learn through doing - - namely we will design an actual training program from soup to nuts during the course of the session. We will focus on ways and methods to create training programs that promote meaningful and lasting learning.
- Creating performance objectives
- Planning time effectively
- Designing a complete training experience
- Creating engaging and relevant training activities
- Motivating participants for learning
- Learning styles
- Instructional materials development
- Identifying materials online and elsewhere that can help
- An approach for creating a training program
- Guidelines for developing sound learning objectives
- An outline template to guide the design of training
- A model program
- Tips for creating effective materials and exercises
- Recommended resources for additional learning on each step of the instructional design and development process.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Learning and Development Certificate : Courses
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn more about the Learning and Development Certificate
Margaret Rozzi joined the Continuing Education team as a Program Director in 2007. Margaret has over 30 years’ Learning & Development experience in the University, Corporate, Government and Military sectors.