After months of dedicated work, you and your team have designed a new business process that will leverage emerging technology and superior business acumen to dramatically improve all measures of performance. Now comes the hard part…implementing it.
The last decade has seen organizations in all sectors benefit from a renewed surge in productivity. These gains are the direct result of improved process management techniques and the application of new technology. Still, the business press reports many stories of failed reengineering efforts, insufficient ROI from enterprise software systems, and the rejection of new technology by workers. Why this disparity?
The challenge of implementing process change is as great as the challenge of creating innovative business process solutions. As James Champy and Nitin Nohria wrote in Fast Forward, “Change brings renewal…but change brings destruction, as well. To the extent it generates fear and cynicism, it not only halts progress, it takes us backward.”
Implementing process change requires a powerful combination of “soft” skills and “hard” skills: Techniques that will win widespread support for process changes and methodologies to implement the solution effectively. These include:
- Coalition building
- Internal sales and communication
- Conflict management
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Organizational alignment
- Develop a strategic program for improving business performance
- Build cross-functional coalitions of influential people
- Develop a communication plan to sell and reinforce the new process vision
- Staff and facilitate process or technology implementation teams
- Achieve buy-in from the people who must utilize new processes and technology
- Provide high-level direction for implementation project management
- Recognize systemic changes needed to institutionalize improved process performance
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Business Process Management Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Business Process Management
Learn how our Business Process Management Certificate program can help you gain the skills you need to develop competitive strategies and achieve operational excellence for successful organizations in this new management era.
Complete the form below to access our free online information session.
PMP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.