This course is geared towards any person getting ready to sign up for Original Medicare (Part B), Medicare Advantage (Part C), and/or a Drug Plan (Part D). Attendees will learn the “rules of the Medicare road”, potential penalties, coordinating the right private insurance to go with Medicare, and understand that if they do not plan for higher health care costs in retirement, they could run out of money or not be able to get the care they need.
- What is Medicare?
- Who needs to enroll in Medicare and when?
- How do you enroll in Medicare?
- How much does Medicare cost?
- What does Medicare cover, or NOT cover?
- How does private insurance work with Medicare?
- How Medicare works with private insurance to provide comprehensive coverage
- How Medicare enrollment periods work and what you need to do to avoid late-enrollment penalties
- How much you can expect to pay in health costs after going onto Medicare
- Why most people pay too much for private insurance and how you can avoid excess costs
- Why you must plan for higher health care costs in retirement -- including the possibility of needing long-term care