Stormwater management is an aspect of environmental control that affects virtually any business where certain quantities of petroleum products, oils and greases are used. This course will review the Federal and State regulations governing the management of stormwater for industrial facilities and commercial construction sites. Businesses that meet regulatory thresholds must prepare a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and this course outlines the components of such a plan.
- Regulatory history of stormwater management
- Objectives of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Thresholds of what businesses are affected by the regulations
- Elements of a compliant SWPPP
- Common regulatory violations associated with a businesses' SWPPP
- Understand the environmental importance of stormwater management
- Know what data to gather to develop a SWPPP
- Know the ongoing responsibilities for managing a SWPPP
- Be prepared for a regulatory inspection of a business' SWPPP
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Course curriculum is developed in consultation with our Professional Development Advisory Board of subject matter experts, faculty, and industry practitioners.