This course provides advanced training of four of the most-widely used total quality management methodologies in industry today (Lean, DMAIC, DMADV, and Agile). The course covers advanced topics on the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools used to improve existing processes, design new processes, or reduce waste from existing processes. Participants will gain the Leadership, Project Coaching, and Data Analysis skills needed to mentor fellow Black Belts and Green Belts through their Lean Six Sigma projects.
- DMAIC methodology (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- DMADV methodology (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify)
- Lean methodology
- Agile using Scrum
- Intermediate Statistics
- Intermediate Minitab
- Intermediate Process Analysis
- Intermediate Data Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Pilot Planning
- Full Scale Implementation
- How to lead and mentor Green Belts
- How to lead larger Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Data Analysis Skills
- Becoming a Change Agent
- Process Improvement Mindset
- Graph and Interpret Minitab Charts
- Those wanting to further advance their process improvement skills
- Green Belts looking to lead larger process improvement projects within an organization
- Employees that want to further advance the Six Sigma deployment or mentor Green Belts
- The Green Belt is a prerequisite to signing up for this course (if you've earned your Green Belt with another provider, please contact us)
- Complete online course and coursework
- Take a test of knowledge at the end of the online course that is 100 multiple choice or true false questions and earn a 70% or higher
- Work a project using one of the 4 types of Methodologies (DMAIC, DMADV, Lean DMAIC, or Agile)
- Complete up to 11 weeks of coaching with Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt mentor (Coaching sessions can be up to 60 minutes per week via conference call)
- Connect with your Champion for 30 minutes each week to readout on your project
- Present the PowerPoint storyboard at the end of each phase to your Project Champion and MBB for approval (can be separate readouts)
PrerequisitesParticipants must complete the Green Belt Certificate as a prerequisite.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Lean Six Sigma
Complete the form below to learn more about our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
Once you complete the coursework for your Lean Six Sigma training and earn at least a 70% on the exam, you will work independently to complete a real-world project (this is referred to as the Coaching Portion of the course).
You may decide to work on a project that would assist in improving an existing process in your workplace -- or you may design a new process within your workplace. The Coaching Portion of the course includes up to 13 weeks of coaching with instructor Jonathan Mayhorn. You will work independently with Jonathan via email for your coaching and you will receive instructions on this once the coursework portion of the course is complete. You will receive your Certification once you complete your coaching.