This course will address the purposes for accreditation and how it has evolved over time. Also, we will address the major components of the accreditation self-study and how higher education institutions can organize for compliance. Lastly, we will address the current challenges of accreditation from multiple stakeholder perspectives and the justifications of calls for its reform.
- Understand and discuss the history and purposes of and changes to U.S. institutional accreditation.
- Recognize the practices that have accreditation implications.
- Understand and discuss the key components and timeline of the the self-study process and best practices in organizing for the completion of it.
- Understand and discuss the positive and negative impacts of participating in the accreditation process.
- Understand and discuss current concerns and proposed reforms to accreditation.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Institutional Effectiveness Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
4-6 hours per week
Learn More about the Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program
Complete the form below to learn more about our Institutional Effectiveness Certificate Program.