Are you interested in learning about science, engineering, and transportation in an interactive, hands-on environment? Do you want to explore careers and education opportunities related to transportation? Then the UNC Charlotte Transportation Summer Camp may be for you!
This summer camp is a partnership between UNC Charlotte's Civil and Environmental Engineering Department and Camps on Campus and is a grant-supported educational activity with the US DOT University Transportation Center CAMMSE (cammse.uncc.edu).
This week-long, day camp will introduce you to the many aspects of the transportation field. Campers will have hands-on lab activities, go on local supervised field trips on the UNC Charlotte campus, and learn about the transportation field directly from transportation and civil engineering professionals and experts.
Example Camp Activities Include:
- Balsa Bridge Competition
- Topography and Map Reading Exercise
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab Demo
- Material and environmental lab testing activities under the supervision of UNC Charlotte faculty
- Field trip to Charlotte traffic control center and to the Charlotte Douglas Airport
- Camp will include several activities at the UNC Charlotte Campus such as:
- Guided visit to UNCC Light rail station
- Supervised traffic study on campus and learn about associated data analysis
- Assessment of pedestrian bridge structure and foundation
Summer Camp Main Instructors are the investigators for the UNC Charlotte CAMMSE. In photo from left to right: Dr. Miguel Pando, Dr. Marty Kane, Dr. Wei Fan, and Dr. David Weggel. The camp will also include guest lectures from faculty of the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at UNC Charlotte.
This camp includes a free t-shirt for your child