- Live Online
- 12 sessions
- Mondays, 6-9 p.m.
- Next Start Date: September 14
For more information, attend our free online information session on August 4, 2020 @ 6 pm.
Obtaining a Human Resources certification is a mark of high professional distinction and is sought after by employers around the globe. The knowledge and competencies acquired through certification are universally recognized and applicable. A certification demonstrates knowledge, qualification, achievement, and commitment to the profession. An HR credential helps establish credibility and distinguishes you as a recognized expert and leader in the HR field.
This program will prepare the Human Resource professional for the following certification exams from HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Professional (CP) and the Senior Certified Professional (SCP). Holding one of these credentials will demonstrate relevance, competence, experience, credibility, and dedication to the HR profession.
"I just got back from taking PHR exam and I passed! I am SOOOOOOO glad I took your prep class! It was very helpful and I have no doubt that I would not have passed without it! Thank you!"
"I just wanted to share my good news with you, I passed the PHR exam! Thank you so much. I couldn't have done it without your class and materials."
Nichole Majors, PHR IB Analyst & Associate Program Management
Corporate & Investment Banking, Wachovia Securities
"Thank you, Thank you! I stressed long and hard over this test, as a matter of fact, I almost did not take it (a severe case of test-a-phobia ). Well, because of your program....the materials, flash cards, sample tests, testing techniques and your support, I now have my SPHR. Thank you very much."
Angela R. Joyner, SPHR Vice President
GBG Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
"I certainly would not have passed the SPHR exam without taking the UNC Charlotte Exam Prep course. I used all of the resources available to me, from the PowerPoint, handouts, the audio and video clips and flash cards, to my handwritten notes. Thank you for your instruction, advice and guidance! My bosses are thrilled that I have my SPHR certification!"
Diane Doherty, Administrative Manager
These certifications are designed for HR professionals whose primary responsibilities are operational and tactical, rather than strategic. Their focus is on HR program implementation of policies and strategies, rather than creation. They serve as a point of contact for staff and stakeholders to deliver HR services within the HR Department rather than organization-wide.
These certifications are designed for HR professionals whose primary responsibilities involve designing, developing and planning HR policies, practices, and strategies. They lead the HR function, analyze performance metrics, align HR strategies to organizational goals and their decisions have an impact both within Human Resources and throughout the organization. This individual has depth and breadth of knowledge in all HR disciplines, and have ultimate accountability in the HR department.
The HR Certification Exam Prep Program will include the Distinctive Human Resource Learning System at no extra cost:
- a textbook (Study Manual)
- The Seven Princes book
- Lecture slides
- Flash Cards
- On-line access to a Learning Management System
- learning games
- 20+ online troublesome topics instructional videos
- mp3 Audio Set (downloadable)
- Sample tests (over 1,000 sample exam questions with answer explanations)
- Comprehensive Final Practice Exam
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master's degree or higher, OR
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor's degree, OR
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master’s degree or higher, OR
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor's degree
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Eligibility Chart
|Less than a Bachelor's*||Bachelor's||Graduate|
|Credential||HR-Related Program||Non-HR Program||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Program||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Program|
|SHRM-CP**||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 year in HR role||2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 year in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role|
*Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, some college, qualifying HR certificate program, high school diploma, or GED.
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- HR-related experience relates to work in any of the 15 functional areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise, identified in the SHRM BoCK.
- Applicants are not required to hold an HR title. The critical factor in determining eligibility is your HR-related work as opposed to your job title.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they devoted at least 1,000 hours to HR-related activities in any calendar year to qualify as having a year of HR-related experience. More than 1,000 hours in a calendar year does not equate to more than 1 year of experience.
- Part-time work qualifies as long as the 1,000-hour standard is met within a calendar year.
- Individuals who have mixed roles—for example, office managers who have both administrative and HR responsibilities—may also have qualifying experience, as long as HR-related duties total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Supervising employees in and of itself is not considered qualifying HR-related experience.
- Experience may be either exempt or nonexempt.
- Individuals who are HR consultants may demonstrate qualifying experience through the HR-related duties they perform for their clients. Contracted hours must total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- SHRM membership is not required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about the HR Certification Exam Prep Program
Our HR Certificate Exam Prep Program prepares Human Resources professionals to take certification exams from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Complete the form to learn more and view our free online information session.