This course explores project cost estimating and a budget planning effort for a project manager as part of the project plan, and then looks at earned value and other controls as the plan unfolds. Individual and small group exercises and case studies include examples applicable to diverse industries and business sizes. The course describes and illustrates processes described by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
This course addresses the needs of project sponsors, project managers and deputy project managers at all levels.
- Application of financial/analytical tools and techniques through the use of highly-relevant hands-on exercises
- Project Cost Planning – processes and methods recommended to plan project cost management
- Cost Estimating – quantities and unit costs combine with effort and durations estimates
- Cost Budgeting – breaking down costs into categories by responsibility, by scope phases and accounting requirements
- Cost Control – execution measures to predict, track and invoice appropriately, as well as address “earned value” issues
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Project Management Certificate : Required