- 3 live online sessions
- 11/9/2020, 6-9 pm
- 11/10/2020, 6-9 pm
- 11/12/2020, 6-9 pm
- Location: The Dubois Center
- 2 sessions
- 4/15/2021, 9 am - 4:30 pm
- 4/16/2021, 9 am - 12 noon
This course explores project cost estimating and a budget planning effort for a project manager as part of the project plan, and then looks at earned value and other controls as the plan unfolds. Individual and small group exercises and case studies include examples applicable to diverse industries and business sizes. The course describes and illustrates processes described by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
This course addresses the need of project managers wishing to gain knowledge of commonly accepted best practices for planning and management of project cost planning. Team members and managers looking to improve their project cost estimating, cost budgeting skills, and their understanding of how to deliver their projects within budget should also take this course.
- Application of financial/analytical tools and techniques through the use of highly-relevant hands-on exercises
- Project Cost Planning – processes and methods recommended to plan project cost management
- Cost Estimating – quantities and unit costs combine with effort and durations estimates
- Cost Budgeting – breaking down costs into categories by responsibility, by scope phases and accounting requirements
- Cost Control – execution measures to predict, track and invoice appropriately, as well as address “earned value” issues
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Project Management Certificate : Required
Enroll Now - Select a section to enroll in
Learn More about Project Management
Accelerate your career with the Project Management Certificate. Complete the form below to access our free online information session.